Latest Developments (Wednesday, 24 May 2017)
Time to get caught up on my news! Here is the latest:
- Arcana VIII, edited by John Zorn and including my chapter On Composition and Literature - Pedr Solis, the author and the opera, is scheduled for publication in July,
- The Cincinnati NPR station ran a great spot/interview on my recent premier, Arcade Variations, written for the Miami University Symphony Orchestra,
- Patti Cudd released a giant and fabulous triple CD called EOS, which has her recording of my piece Shadows of the Electric Moon,
- There is a really interesting new CD series out of France called Singularities, organized by composer Benjamin Ait-Ali. My piece Quintet for solo instrument and electronics appears on #3,
- My old friend Yaron Sokolov recently used a _very_ old piece of mine (Underwater) in a film called Forever,
- My CD Chamber Industrial received a mention in a great 2015 best-of list published by Holy Grail From Hell.
Article for Arcana (Monday, 14 November 2016)
I am thrilled to be contributing an article to the next edition of John Zorn's Arcana series: Arcana VIII. I'll be writing about the composition of my opera, Pedr Solis, and how that ties in with my research on literature and music.
New Projects (Sunday, 13 November 2016)
Some new projects to announce:
- Patti Cudd and I recently completed a studio recording of Shadows of the Electric Moon for inclusion on her upcoming CD release,
- Bill Solomon and I made a studio recording of Shadows of the Electric Moon which is currently in production,
- I am currently writing a piece for the Miami University Symphony Orchestra's centennial celebration in May 2107, at the request of Ricardo Averbach, its director.